Coaching and Counseling
My name is Regina Sewell, and I am a licensed mental health counselor, therapist, and author in New York and Ohio. I foster a supportive space that enables you to explore and heal from the issues that keep you from leading a fulfilling, rewarding life.
My career as a writer, life coach, professional counselor, and college professor has given me unique opportunities to help various individuals. I specialize in helping people connect with their creative side so that they can live satisfying and rewarding lives.
I aim to help you:
- Find Your Passion
- Step Into Possibility
- Access Your Spontaneity
- Unleash Your Potential
- Expand Your Creativity
- Live Your Dreams
- Ph.D. in Sociology from The Ohio State University
- M.Ed. in Community Counseling From the University of Dayton
- Certified Psychodramatist (CP)
- Licensed Mental Health Counselor (LMHC) in New York
- Professional Clinical Counselor (PCC) in Ohio
Things I’m Passionate About
I love to facilitate workshops designed to help people connect with their creativity, spontaneity, and inner resources to work through their problems and blocks. When I'm not working, I love playing drums and guitar, writing songs, hiking, biking, kayaking and doing yoga.
- We're Here! We're Queer! Get Used to Us! Survival Strategies for a Hostile World
- Sliding Away in “Knowing Pains: Women on Love, Sex and Work in Our 40’s.” Molly Rosen editor.
- Unequal Wedding in “Untangling the Knot: Queer Voices on Marriage, Relationships & Identity” Carter Sickels editor.
- Insight Out, a column in the now defunct Outlook Columbus. See selected columns here
I am a Fellow of the American Society of Group Psychotherapy and Psychodrama.
I was deemed the first-place winner in the fiction category of the 2008 John Wood Community College Creative Writing Contest for my work, “Carving”.
“Please thank Regina again for me. I have been re-playing in my head the insights I gained during our brief 'session' and it's starting to open up a lot of doors in my mind (good ones). I have also been reading some of the articles on her website and they are very helpful and well-written!”
“I want to take a moment to thank Regina Sewell. We covered many areas in our sessions, and I had many things that I had to really LOOK AT. She helped me find my inner strength on so many levels, I learned how to stand up for myself and set boundaries. I also have moved back and am living 2 miles from my daughter and see her almost every day.
I am so grateful for all your wisdom and loving support on so many levels. I can honestly say that I now have a healthier relationship with several people in my life because of your help. So thank you again for being there for people like me. Your Services will never be forgotten as well as the lessons I had to learn you helped me so much!”
- Your Friend, Michael